Are you someone who always wished for a tattoo, but backed down due to the pain you thought it would cause, or are you someone who avoided getting a tattoo fearing that it was a bit too permanent for your liking, or you just called it off fearing the maintenance involved? Well, fret not, since here we will be discussing the various aftercare and pain reduction measures that you can opt for if you want to have a seamless inking experience. There are various ways to go about this, but here will be traveling down the simplest of paths, one that involves the use of commodities like numbing creams from TKTX or using temporary inks.
Let’s simplify the journey
Getting a tattoo hurts like crazy, we can all agree on that bit. So, let us take a look at the various methods that one can employ to do away with this unwanted guest.
- Choose a good and licensed tattoo artist- One of the simplest methods to ensure a low-pain inking experience would be to visit an experienced and certified tattoo artist. Always make sure that they maintain top-notch hygiene and know how to yield the needle efficiently. This is one of the first steps in getting a superb tattoo for minimal agony.
- Select a less sensitive part- If you are a newbie in this field, we highly recommend that you pick a less sensitive body part to get your first tattoo art done. As we all know, certain body parts are more sensitive than the rest. You can choose to get your first few tattoos done on your arms, legs, shoulders, etc. rather than on your chest, face, etc. since that would hurt less.
- Using Tattoo numbing creams- This can be a great option for someone who is getting a tattoo and also for the artist. A tattoo numbing cream, like the TKTX deep numbing cream, can help numb out the spot that is getting the tattoo and thus act as local anesthesia. This can reduce the sensation of pain and irritation immensely and they also start working only a short period after being applied. The tattoo artist can also use these creams to reduce the pain that occurs from sitting in a fixed posture for a very long period. There are a lot of brands, like TKTX, that manufacture these creams and you can find them online.
- Drink adequate water- Getting a tattoo on dry skin can hurt like crazy. This is one of the reasons why you should consume appropriate volumes of water before getting a tattoo. This would limit the burning and itching experience to a very large extent.
- Don’t get a tattoo while you’re high on alcohol- Alcohol can have a detrimental effect while you’re getting your tattoo since they dehydrate your skin, and thins out your blood while heightening your sensitivity as well. You do not want to be in a lot of drunk agonies now, would you?
- Wear loose clothing- One way you can reduce the pain to some extent would be to wear loose-fitting clothes while getting a tattoo. The reason behind this advice is the fact that loose clothing would help modulate your body temperature in a much more optimal way. Controlled blood pressure would in turn ensure that you do not face a lot of pain.
- Try distracting yourself- One of the best ways you can reduce the pain is by keeping your mind from thinking about it. Distracting your mind from the immense pain at hand can help reduce the pain perception to some extent at least. You can consider listening to music or watching a match or anything that would help keep you from thinking about the burning sensation.
- Take deep breaths- If you feel overwhelmed by the pain at hand, you can try taking deep breaths that would certainly help you achieve a sense of control over the feeling.
- Think about the end result- One of the methods that you can employ to reduce the pain is by acknowledging it. You need to assume the pain as a path that must be taken to achieve some amazing tattoos that would make you look attractive later on. You have to assume the pain to be a part of the process.
These were a few methods that you can try out to reduce or eliminate the pain. It must be taken as granted that a needle penetrating your epidermis thousands of times each minute would generate a lot of pain, but following these would negate your suffering to a very large extent. Now, let us take a quick look at the various techniques that you could employ to remove a permanent tattoo, for any reason whatsoever.
- Laser therapy- One of the most common forms of tattoo removal is getting laser therapy done. This procedure involves the use of a high-powered laser beam that breaks down the color under the skin. The broken-down color is gradually carried away by our body’s white blood cells. These procedures must always be administered by a medical professional.
- Surgical excision- This method of tattoo removal is useful only when it comes to small tattoos. The procedure involves creating an incision in the skin and removing the tattoo. This is a surgical procedure and may leave a surgical stitch scar.
- Dermabrasion- If you are familiar with the process of sanding, this procedure is very similar. The skin is sanded, and this allows for new skin to grow and remove the tattoo, or whatever is left over. This process is extremely painful, and anesthesia is a must for executing this procedure.
These were some of the many ways that you can use to make your inking journey a convenient one. We would suggest that you for something like a TKTX deep numbing cream since they provide the best relief from tattoo pain. Always do your research before getting a tattoo done. Happy inking.